In these days of the Absinthe revival you can easily buy Absinthe on the internet and it is legal, in many countries, to drink Absinthe in bars.Absinthe is an alcoholic beverage which is about twice as strong as some other spirits like whisky and vodka. It has an anise flavor and is produced from herbs like wormwood, fennel and aniseed.
Absinthe was famously prohibited in many countries in the 1900s, even though it was not ever forbidden in the UK, Spain, Portugal or perhaps the Czech Republic. The thujone in wormwood was believed to be comparable to THC in cannabis also to cause psychedelic effects, this has now been disproved.
There are lots of modern classic style Absinthes – brands that are re-creations of vintage and standard Absinthes. Price varies according to the brand and the website you order from – check around for the best price and also to find Absinthe sales, offers and specials.
Here is a listing of some terrific classic brands:-
– The Jade Collection by Ted Breaux – These Absinthes are created on the Combier distillery in Saumur, France. Ted Breaux screened and analyzed antique bottles of unique Absinthe and utilized what he heard of the ingredients and quantities to cultivate this line of Absinthes. His Absinthes, which are distilled in old 19th century alambics, involve a classic Pernod Fils style Absinthe, a Swiss type Absinthe, a La Bleue style absinthe, and Edouard Pernod type Absinthe, a new Orleans inspired Absinthe and his “Lucid” brand which became the first legal Absinthe in the USA.
– Absinthe Clandestine – This Absinthe is made by Claude-Alain Bugnon, ex- Absinthe bootlegger. This Absinthe is actually a La Bleue clear Absinthe made in Bugnon’s distilleries in Couvet, Switzerland. Bugnon uses traditional herbs, like wormwood and anise, in his Absinthe recipes coupled with Alpine herbs.
– La Ptite Absinthe – This La Bleue is also distilled in Couvet by Guadentia Persoz and her husband. They discovered a 1898 recipe and old alambic in their home when they transferred in and therefore are now using this recipe, which includes 12 herbs, to produce this popular Swiss Absinthe.
– Doubs Mystique “Carte d’Or Absinthe” – An Absinthe distilled in Pontarlier, France, the town where Pernod created his first Absinthes. This Absinthe makes use of traditional distilling methods in nineteenth century alambics but has a modern twist to create a different tasting Absinthe for the modern-day Absinthe drinker.
Buy Absinthe Essences
The brands mentioned above are generally great brands of Absinthe made using knowledge from the past, but you may want to try your hand at making your own personal bottle of the Green Fairy.
Absinthe essences through AbsintheKit.com are a very inexpensive method to create top-quality Absinthe at a great price. A 280ml bottle of Absinthe essence can make 14 bottles of genuine wormwood Absinthe! The 280ml bottles are available in a kit with bottle labels plus a measure to measure out the essence.
There are 4 kinds of Absinthe essence:-
– Absinthe Classics essence – This essence makes a vintage style green Absinthe.
– Absinthe White Essence – An essence for those who like Swiss La Bleue clear varieties of Absinthe.
– Absinthe Orange Essence – This contains real orange oil and creates a yellow-orange colored and orange flavored Absinthe.
– Absinthe 55 Strong Essence – The additional three essences consist of 35mg of thujone, the substance in the herb wormwood, but this essence constitutes a stronger 55mg Asbinthe liquor having a strong bitter wormwood taste. Ideal for those who appreciate the style of wormwood.
All these essences are available for sale at the web shop of AbsintheKit.com. And buying is easy.
To utilize the essences, simply combine with a neutral alcohol base like Everclear or vodka, add sugar of you similar to a smoother Absinthe, and there you have it – your very own Absinthe.
AbsintheKit.com also sell replica Absinthe glasses and spoons like a Pontarlier style glass as well as an Eiffel Tower spoon. The right gift for an Absinthe lover.