There’s been a renewed fascination with Absinthe liquor around the world in the last decade since Absinthe’s legalization in several countries. Absinthe, also known as the Green Fairy or La Fee Verte, just has been legal in the United States since 2007, and only certain brands could be sold, so there’s much interest in the liquor in the US.
What is Absinthe Liquor About?
Absinthe is a distilled anise flavored spirit which has been created for medicinal purposes as an elixir or tonic by the legendary Dr Pierre Ordinaire in Couvet, Switzerland. It became popular in Switzerland and France during the 19th and early 20th centuries as well as overtook wine in reputation in France.
Absinthe is normally produced from a wine base and is particularly flavored with herbs. Its primary herbal ingredients are normal wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium), which provides absinthe-liquor.com Absinthe its name and its bitter taste, aniseed and fennel. Other common herbs employed in the production of Absinthe contain hyssop, lemon balm, star anise, dittany, juniper, nutmeg and licorice.
There are various varieties of Absinthe liquor:-
– Verte – This is actually the classic green Absinthe of the French La Belle Epoque and the Absinthe favored by the Bohemian culture of Montmartre and ingested by artists and writers including Pablo Picasso, Van Gogh, Oscar Wilde, Ernest Hemingway, Gauguin, Degas, Baudelaire and Verlaine.
– La Blueu – Also called La Blanche. It is a clear Absinthe. Bootleg Swiss Absinthe was clear during the ban.
– Czech Style Absinth – Some Czech Absinthes are common Absinthes but this term is the term for “Absinths” that happen to be actually wormwood bitters and don’t have an anise flavor.
– Absenta – Spanish Absinthe that has a sweeter flavor since it is made with Alicante Anise.
– Rouge or Rose Absinthe – This Absinthe carries a naturally red colorization due to the extra ingredient of hibiscus flowers.
You can buy many differing kinds and styles of Absinthe online – traditional styles and modern classics that happen to be based upon vintage Absinthes but have a very modern twist.
Along with buying these various kinds of Absinthe beverages, it’s also possible to design your own Absinthe from Absinthe essences. AbsintheKit.com supply essences on the Absinthe industry and also to consumers. They create 4 different essences – a classic green Absinthe essence, a clear Absinthe essence, a substantial essence that makes an Absinthe with a stronger bitter wormwood flavor, and an orange flavored essence that is flavored with orange oil and produces a lovely orange-yellow colored Absinthe. Each of the essences are created using top-quality herbs and so are distilled so you need not worry about distilling, simply use the internet then mix with vodka or Everclear for your own personal wormwood Absinthe.
AbsintheKit.com also sell Absinthiana just like replicas of famous Absinthe glasses and spoons like the Eiffel Tower spoon.
Absinthe is a very strong alcoholic drink, up to 75% alcohol by volume, and is also much superior than whisky or vodka. Care should be taken when ingesting such a strong spirit particularly when it is being mixed with other strong spirits in cocktails – it is very easy to get drunk on Absinthe!
There are not many drinks like Absinthe liquor about which there are various myths, legends, lies and falsehoods – it features a very colorful and interesting past and is a beautiful beverage to relish.