Lucid Absinthe Superieure is the first true wormwood that contains Absinthe to become legalized in the US ever since the ban in 1912 so many people are needing to know where to buy Lucid Absinthe.
Lucid was created by distiller Ted Breaux and Viridian Spirits for the US Absinthe market. As opposed to other fake Absinthes, which are created to be sold in the US, it contains real grande wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium) www.wheretopurchaseabsinthe.com as well as other traditional Absinthe herbs. More information is found at drinklucid.com but here are a few facts about Lucid Absinthe Superieure:-
– It receives its green color from whole herbs and not synthetic colors.
– It contains wormwood, sweet fennel, green anise and other classic Absinthe herbs.
– It was developed by Ted Breaux, a respected Absinthe distiller, who used his knowledge of traditional Absinthe making techniques to make this historically correct vintage style Absinthe which meets US regulations.
– Lucid has a full measure of grande wormwood much like pre ban Absinthes. It had been a myth that Absinthe included vast amounts of thujone – tests on vintage bottles demonstrated that they’d all pass US laws (10mg/kg or under of thujone).
– Lucid consists of 62% alcohol by volume.
– It is actually distilled in Saumur in France.
– Lucid carries a very special black bottle with green cat’s eyes motivated by a Montmartre cabaret show “Le Chat Noir” from 1881.
Where to buy Lucid Absinthe
Based on the Lucid website it can be bought throughout the United States so you must be able to buy it through your local liquor store. You can look on the drinklucid website for stockists of Lucid by state, online stockists like Shoppers Vineyard and Crown Wine and Spirits, and also for bars and restaurants that serve Lucid. The web site also offers a web shop where you can order Lucid apparel.
Lucid isn’t the only Absinthe to have been legalized in the US – a product called Green Moon and Absinthes from Kubler have been legalized.
Another excellent way of enjoying Absinthe in the USA is to order Absinthe essences from AbsintheKit.com who offer free world wide shipping. There exists a handling fee for the initial item but handling and shipping costs nothing for added products ordered.
The essences from AbsintheKit.com are created from an alcohol base which happens to be distilled with top-quality herbs such as wormwood, aniseed and fennel. The essences are extremely economical, only $3.95 ($4.95 for the Strong 55) per 20ml essence which makes a 750ml bottle of Absinthe. Kits containing 280ml of essence, a measure and bottle labels are also offered costing $29 ($39 for Strong 55). These kits generate 14 bottles of Absinthe so they really are a great buy. Basically mix 20ml of essence together with 730ml of Everclear or vodka and you have your own real Green Fairy, as Absinthe is famous.
Essences are a fantastic alternative to hunting for where to buy Lucid Absinthe and are also fun to utilize too.