There is much interest in Absinthe, the drink referred to as the Green Fairy or La Fee Verte. People want to know how to buy it, which type to get, the way to prepare it and what is the advised volume of Absinthe to work with when contriving a drink.
First you have to buy a quality Absinthe which is abundant in essential oils and that contains wormwood. There are lots of Absinthe substitutes and fake Absinthes absinthekit available for sale which contain southernwood or roman wormwood instead of common wormwood (artemisia absinthium). Make sure you obtain a proper real Absinthe. If you live in a country where it’s difficult to find a good quality Absinthe then you could make your own Absinthe using essences coming from AbsintheKit.com.
Upon having got your Absinthe, you will need to learn The Ritual, or La Louche. This is the standard French or Swiss method of preparing Absinthe and it uses one shot of Absinthe. Here are the instructions:-
To perform the Ritual, you will need an Absinthe glass, a slotted Absinthe spoon, a lump of sugar and also cold water.
– Pour 25-50ml of Absinthe into the glass.
– Rest the Absinthe spoon over the rim of the glass and put a cube of sugar onto it.
– Gradually drip iced water over the sugar either by dripping from the tap of the fountain or simply by using a steady hand to pour from a carafe. Dripping it slowly and gradually can give the sugar possiblity to dissolve and drip via the slots of the spoon. You ought to see a lovely “louche” effect as the water mixes in the alcohol. The Absinthe louches because the essential oils of the herbs are soluble in alcohol although not in water and so have the mixture cloudy or milky when water is included.
– Sit back and revel in your Absinthe drink.
The Bohemian or Czech Method is much like the Ritual but is a modern way of preparing cheap Czech Absinthes. The Bohemian strategy is scorned by many Absinthe followers.
Instructions and tricks for making use of the Bohemian method:-
– Pour 25-50ml of Absinthe into the glass and dip the sugar cube in it to soak the sugar.
– Place sugar cube to the Absinthe spoon and rest about the rim of the glass.
– Set the sugar cube alight for just one minute to allow for the sugar to caramelize and melt. The sugar ought to drip through the slots of the spoon and into the Absinthe.
– Put the spoon in to the Absinthe and pour the cold water into the Absinthe to put out any flames and to make the Absinthe to louche.
– Take pleasure in your Absinthe drink.
If you wish to enjoy your Absinthe properly the you will need some Absinthiana – Absinthe glasses, spoons and even perhaps an Absinthe fountain to control the flow of the water. Replicas of antique spoons and glasses can be purchased from AbsintheKit.com.
So, what is the recommended amount of Absinthe to utilize when preparing an Absinthe drink? About 45ml or a US shot. Obviously, you can use Absinthe in cocktails too – search for recipes online.